Planned biometric missions
Thanks to mobile equipment, we can record your biometric data during the visit of the Embassy staff in the other countries of the jurisdiction.
Belgians can use this opportunity to:
- Provide their biometric data, even if they don't need a passport or e-ID immediately: pre-registration of biometric data
- Introduce a request for a new passport
- Introduce a request for a new e-ID
The activation of e-IDs is not possible during biometric missions for the moment (for reasons related to data security).
Important notice :
These dates are still subject to change. Free entry into the state/country without COVID restrictions for Embassy staff is a prerequisite for the mission to go ahead. Due to the unpredictable nature of COVID restrictions, some missions may be cancelled or delayed on very short notice. The Embassy does not take responsibility for any costs you may incur due to these changes.
|Country||Dates of mission||Deadline for registration|
|Malawi||Second half of 2022|
|Mauritius||To be confirmed (2022)|
|Zambia||16.03 - 17.03.2022||08.03.2022|
The final data will be confirmed by e-mail to all registered Belgians in the Country.
How to register
In order to register for a mission, please follow the instructions below:
First, make sure that you are registered at the Consulate General in Dar es Salaam (consular registers);
As soon as the dates of the mission are announced, send your complete application file to the Embassy, in one message, via the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your file must include all of the following documents:
- Completed application form – pre-registration / e-ID or kids-ID / passport - (filled by computer, or in capital letters) - one per person.
In your application, please specify that you wish to participate in a mobile kit mission.
For minors: the form must be signed by both parents/guardians and a copy of their identity card must be attached.
- A photocopy of the applicant's Belgian identity card and/or passport (the page with the photo);
- If, in addition to your Belgian nationality, you have another nationality: a photocopy of your foreign identity card and/or passport;
- A recent proof of residence (less than 6 months): electricity, gas, water or internet bill, lease contract, etc;
- Proof of legal residence: citizenship certificate, copy of both sides of your Permanent Resident Card, work visa, study visa..;
- Proof of payment of the amount corresponding to the service requested (passport, passport for minors, e-ID, kids-ID...)
NB: It is not necessary to send an ID photo. The photo is taken live during the appointment.
Once your application has been received and accepted by our services, a final appointment date and time will be proposed to you.
Complete files can be taken into account up to 1 week before the first day of the mission. No new forms, documents or payments can be accepted during the mission.